Associate Buyer Job Profile and Description
Retail establishments, supermarkets or divisional stores, for assisting the buyer and the purchase division in organizational functions, typically employ an Associate Buyer. This job is full of accountability and requires a great deal of expertise for the smooth execution of all functions. An individual of this profile works under the supervision of a retail or wholesale buyer is suitable.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducting market surveys and evaluating buyer behavior.
- Networking with suppliers, vendors and transporters for procuring goods and merchandise.
- Coordinating with sales team for their requirements and placing orders in accordance with the same.
- Inspecting sample goods for quality before placing orders.
- Ensuring that all the goods comply with the quality and standards of the organization.
- Receiving the goods and reporting loss, damage and other discrepancies to the supervisor.
- Filling purchase orders and other completing the other documentation processes for purchasing goods.
- Procuring buyer feedback and suggestions regarding the products.
- Maintaining and evaluating all inventory and purchase records.
- Assisting in planning the budgets for the purchase division.
- Completing all tasks assigned by the supervisor.
- Attending new product training activities and seminars.
- Coordinating all work related processes with fellow workers.
Skills and Specifications
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication abilities.
- Ability to effectively manage time, meet deadlines and complete all assigned tasks.
- Aptitude of efficiently working in a team.
- Strong analytical and organizational abilities.
Education and Qualifications
- High school degree, diploma or GED equivalent from a recognized and well known institution.
- Bachelors or an associate’s degree or diploma in retailing, merchandise management, sales or other discipline is required.