Butcher Job Profile and Description
The job of a Butcher requires a great deal of skill and technique and it can said to be a culinary art, which is perfected only over a period. Such jobs usually pertain to a hotels, restaurant, food processing plants or departmental stores where an individual requires working and delivering to the specific requirements of the clients or chefs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Cutting and packaging of meat and fish products.
- Delivering to the specific requirements of the store customers or chefs in a restaurant.
- Maintaining and ensuring the quality and standards of meat in the organization.
- Ensuring the proper storage and handling of the products.
- Effectively completing all activities as delegated by the supervising authorities.
- Maintaining cleanliness and hygiene of the work area.
- Ensuring the proper working and handling of all butchering machinery and equipment.
- Complying with all USPH standards of operating.
- Coordinating working with Chefs, Soups Chefs, F&B Managers and store managers.
Skills and Specifications
- Must possess good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be familiar with all proper norms and techniques of handling food products and company regulations.
- Must be able to coordinate work with fellow employees and have a knack of understanding requirements of the job.
- Must be compliant with using all tools and equipments for cutting meat and possess the awareness of food preparation procedures.
Education and Qualifications
- High school degree, GED certification or an equivalent qualification from a certified college.
- Must have 2 – 3 years experience in a food processing industry and must be familiar with cutting techniques.