Grocery Stocker Job Profile and Description
The job of a Grocery Stocker relates to a retail super store or a departmental chain. The primary requirement of an employee of this profile is to execute swiftness and concentration while working. Grocery stockers are also commonly referred to as a retail stocker and are accountable for replenishment and upholding the quality and standards of the goods in the store.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Sorting the grocery items and assigning them with relevant labels and price labels.
- Stacking the goods in an organized manner in the store shelves.
- Maintaining timely replenishment of the goods in the store.
- Keeping a track of the shelf life of the goods.
- Storing perishable goods in the appropriate temperature.
- Maintaining regular inventory counts and keeping record of the grocery inventory.
- Appropriately storing the grocery items in the stock room.
- Maintaining order and cleanliness in the work areas and in the store.
- Prominently displaying new products and products, which have a promotional offer.
- Reporting damage and discrepancies in the grocery products to the supervisor.
- Timely completing all the assigned tasks.
- Co-coordinating work functions with the sales team and other divisions of the store.
Skills and Specifications
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage time, meet targets and work in a team.
- Must be in compliance with the food and safety regulations and norms.
Education and Qualifications
- High school degree, diploma, or a GED equivalent qualification, with 2 – 3 years experience in a warehouse or a retail store is a must.
Popular Job Description Search:
Filed in: Retail Job Description