Overnight Stocker Job Profile and Description
An Overnight Stocker holds one of the most renowned roles in any retail or departmental store. Individuals of such profile are responsible for the uninterrupted flow of good in the store to cater to the demands of the clients. Also termed as store clerks a person in this job is responsible for numerous very important functions for the smooth operation of the store business.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receiving and stacking of store merchandise and verifying the same with the items listed in the purchase order.
- Appropriately handling and storing of the received goods and supplies.
- Sorting the goods and merchandise and assigning relevant price tags and labels to the same.
- Maintaining regular inventory counts and keeping a record of all stored goods.
- Organizing the merchandise on the store shelves.
- Ensuring cleanliness and order in the storeroom and in the store.
- Synchronizing work functions with co-workers and other departments of the establishment.
- Reporting discrepancies such as loss and damage of goods to the supervising manager.
- Completing all assigned tasks assigned by the supervisor.
- Ensuring that the goods are replenished on the sale floor before the opening of the store.
Skills and Specifications
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication abilities.
- Ability to effectively manage time, meet targets and work in a team.
- Should have the basic knowledge of using a PC, for maintaining store records.
Education and Qualifications
- High school degree, diploma, or a GED equivalent qualification, with 2 – 3 years experience in a warehouse or a retail store is required.
Popular Job Description Search:
- overnight stocker job description
- target overnight stocker job description
- target stocker job description
- overnight stocker duties
- stocker duties
- night stocker job description
- walmart overnight stocker job description
- stocker duties and responsibilities
- overnight stocker job duties
- overnight stock job description
Filed in: Retail Job Description