Retail Store Manager Profile and Description
A Retail Store Manager is responsible for the functions of all divisions of a store and for brand building exercises relating to the store. This job is of great responsibility as a store manager is also entrusted with all the financial activities and budget allocation processes of the store. Upholding the image and building the reputation of the store ought to be the key responsibilities of a retail store manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Overseeing the functions of all divisions of the store.
- Strategizing sales and marketing plans to drive revenue into the store.
- Recruiting and training employees of the store.
- Negotiating with suppliers and vendors for procuring supplies.
- Allocating budgets and planning the finances of the store.
- Evaluating sale reports and buyer feedbacks.
- Planning new implementations and ideas to increase footfall of the store.
- Controlling the store inventory and ensuring the maintenance of the standards of goods.
- Studying market reports and competitor strategies.
- Setting sales targets for the sales teams and periodically reviewing the same.
- Overseeing the billing and payment processes.
Skills and Specifications
- Must possess good written as well as verbal communication skills.
- Must have good interpersonal skills for negotiating with suppliers and vendors.
- Must be a good team leader and possess the ability of keeping the employees motivated.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree, in retailing, sales or other related field of study is imperative.
- Post Graduate degree or diploma in management, retail, merchandising, sales or any relates field with 3 – 5 years experience in the retail industry is preferred.
Popular Job Description Search:
Filed in: Retail Job Description