Stock Keeper Job Profile and Description
Primarily warehouses, retail chains, and other manufacturing units recruit a Stock Keeper. An individual in this position is required to play multiple roles pertaining to stock keeping, inventory control, purchasing and delivery of goods. Stock Keepers, also referred to as store clerks are requisite to work under the supervision of a manager and execute all delegated functions seamlessly.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Keeping a record and maintaining cycle counts of the entire inventory in the store.
- Receiving and verifying the inventory with the purchase order listings.
- Reporting loss, damage and any such discrepancies to the supervising authorities.
- Sorting all goods and stacking them appropriately.
- Assisting in the labeling, tagging and packaging of the goods.
- Maintaining proper documentation processed for the receipt of the good and supplies.
- Ensuring the timely dispatch of the goods to the appropriate destinations.
- Coordinating and synchronizing work functions with the vendors, suppliers and other internal divisions of the establishment.
- Maintaining cleanliness and order in the work place, and complying with all safety norms while carrying out work functions.
Skills and Specifications
- Must have excellent written and oral communication abilities.
- Ability to effectively manage time, meet targets and coordinate activities with team members.
- Understanding of storage safety norms and other documentation processes.
- Must have the understanding of using a PC for feeding inventory records.
Education and Qualifications
- High school degree, diploma, or a GED equivalent qualification from an accredited college.
- 2 – 3 years of experience in a warehouse facility or a storehouse.