Florist Profile and Description
Florists work as both flower designers and sales clerks working at boutique shops – cutting flowers and arranging them in displays, pricing and selling them to the customers. They design displays with appropriate flowers and sell ornamental and fashion bouquets for various occasions like birthdays, valentines, Christmas, weddings, and funerals, etc. They also connect ornamental accessories like candles, ribbons, balloons, small toys and gift baskets in the displays.
Florist Duties and Responsibilities
- Keep good relations with flower and orchid growers to supply fresh blooms
- Perform quality checks on delivery, rejections etc.
- Maintain good packaging stocks
- Capture client information for delivery, remarks, quantity, and type of blossoms and design specified
- Maintain an online florist shop for remote purchases.
- Enter the correct sales and stock amounts in the appropriate system
- Operate the cashier pos program for walk-in customers.
- Supervise workers in maintaining store hygiene and order.
Florist Skills and Specifications
- Must display a talent for creativeness in flower arrangement
- Must have good bookkeeping skills
- Must be customer-focused in marketing flowered products
- Must have good interaction skills when interacting with clients and other employees
Florist Education and Qualifications
- A high school diploma is basic, and work experience as a sales clerk is a plus
- Certificate course from the American Institute of Floral Designers is an advantage.
The average salary for a florist is about $23,300.
Popular Job Description Search:
- floral assistant job description
- flower shop assistant job description
- florist assistant job description
- trainee florist job description
- job description florist assistant
- job description floral assistant
- sample job description florist manager
- position descriptioin assistant florist manager
- The job description of a Floral shop assistant
- job description flower shop staff