Merchandise Planner Job Profile and Description
The job profile of a Merchandise Planner involves providing suggestions and recommendation for products sales. It is quite similar to a role of an analyst who evaluates sales and market reports and predicts the products sales. A Merchandise planner and merchandise buyer work together to determine the sale of products at a retail store.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Studying purchase patterns of the clients, fashion and periodic styles for predicting the product sales for the shop.
- Evaluating sales reports of the shop.
- Assessing industry related surveys and testimonials reports
- Coordinating and syncing work functions with the merchandise buyer
- Studying the techniques of competition stores.
- Analyzing and evaluating the sales strategy and the promotional techniques of the shop.
- Evaluating the target and goal of the shop and strategizing to achieve the same.
- Devising ideas and suggestions to attract customers to the shop.
Skills and Specifications
- Knowledge of the retail industry operations and various products in the marketplace.
- Should possess excellent interaction abilities
- Should have the skills of working in a team and making decisions based on study and assessment.
- Should have excellent time management and the ability to meet the set targets.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s or an associate’s degree in retail, merchandise management, warehousing or any other relevant area
- Post Graduate degree in marketing and advertising, merchandising, retail, or any relevant area
Popular Job Description Search:
- merchandise planner job description
- sample job description merchandise planner
- fashion planner job description
- fashion planning job description
- merchandise planner job description responsibilities
- fashion planner responsibilities
- retail planner in clothing industry job descriptions
- planner and buyer job description in retail store
- planning job description fashion
- retail merchandise buyer and planner job description