Order Fillers – Wholesale Job Profile and Description
An Order Filler works in the retail and wholesale industries – working with the customers’ orders by processing the goods based on item specifications written in the sales slips. This job entails the responsibility of ensuring that the goods match the customers’ orders and also the pricing information before sending them for shipment. It is also their duty to ensure that the products on sales are sufficient in stock, and process requisitions for restocking for fast moving items.
Order Fillers – Wholesale Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive and understand the sales orders, determining correct part numbers, catalogue numbers, prices, size, color and other physical or logical factors match the orders
- Access stock control to check that the product exists and as ordered
- Locate and recover the products from various locations
- Compute prices, ensuing they match the orders and enter real-time decrement command in the stock system.
- Process the product for appearance and start the shipping of products to satisfaction houses or directly to customers.
- Requisition stock replenishment if stock gets to critical level.
- Coordinate with sales group if product cannot be located for them to contact customer.
Order Fillers – Wholesale Skills and Specifications
- Has great business skills to maintain efficient stockroom
- Has good computer knowledge to work with the automated stock control systems
- Must be physically fit to lift products
- Has a good English language knowledge
- Has good communications skills
Order Fillers – Wholesale Education and Qualifications
- A high school diploma is basic
- Work experience as a filing clerk in another company is a plus
Order Fillers – Wholesale Salary
The average salary for this position is $10.08 per hour, or $20,970 annually.