Armed Security Guard Job Profile and Description
A bodyguard is a type of armed security guard or federal agent who protects the person of a famous, wealthy, or politically important figure from the threat of assault, kidnapping, assassination, loss of confidential information and other related threats. The role of a bodyguard consists of planning routes, pre-searching rooms and buildings where the client will be visiting.
Duties & Responsibilities
The main duties are:-
- A bodyguard can be a driver-bodyguard.
- Be a close-protection officer to escort the client.
- Detect Improvised Explosive Devices, electronic “bugs” and counter-sniper monitoring.
- Conduct pre-search facilities, and background-checks of people who are likely to have contact with the client.
- To keep photographers and aggressive cameramen away.
- Give close quarter protection to children of VIPs and to prevent their kidnapping or assassination.
- Form part of a protection escort in an armed vehicle to transport bullion, cash or jewellery from bank/safety vault to merchant establishment or vice versa.
- To stand guard to protect an injured prisoner or criminal in hospital for treatment.
- To stand guard at a bank or a jeweller’s shop to prevent armed robbery or assault.
- To guard the residence of a VIP or luminary to prevent unauthorized entry of persons, paparazzi or gate-crashers.
Skills and Specifications
- Be always alert and ready to deal with security emergencies.
- Have a Nose for suspicious characters, movements and dangerous situations.
- Possess good memory to remember the faces of criminals and anti-social elements on the ‘Wanted List’.
- Be trained in small arms precision shooting and in ‘Unarmed Combat’.
Education and Qualifications
- Minimum High School graduate.
- Have previous experience in security unit.
- Have appropriate training in Security Academy of govt or private agency.
Popular Job Description Search:
Filed in: Security Job Description