Campus Security Job Profile and Description
The campus security officer is someone who has the responsibility of ensuring the safety and security of the students, faculty and staff, as well as the property of the school or college campus he is working for.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The campus security officer has to guard the security of the students, faculty and staff who are present in the school or college campus.
- He is also responsible for guarding the property.
- He has to ensure that no crime gets committed in the campus.
- He has to keep his eyes open for vandalism, theft and assault.
- He has to ensure that campus laws are being followed.
- He may have to involve himself in preventing student truancy and smoking in campus.
- He has to call higher authorities in case a serious crime has been committed on the campus.
- He has to patrol the campus regularly to ensure that everything is under order.
Skills and Specifications
- A campus security officer must possess the attitude of genuinely caring about the well – being of other people.
- He must be strong and fit and able to stand up to physical challenges.
- He must have an authoritarian manner and possess a self – confident veneer.
- He must have strong communication skills as well.
- He must possess a driving license as he may be required to patrol the campus on a car.
- He must have the personality required to handle violators of school laws and policies.
- He must have good organizational skills as well.
Education and Qualifications
Persons who want to become a campus security officer must possess a minimum of a high school diploma. An Associate’s degree in criminal justice is highly preferred as the job market is very competitive. Any additional work experience in security sector will provide an edge over the others.
Popular Job Description Search:
Filed in: Security Job Description