Disaster Recovery Manager Job Profile and Description
An Internet Disaster Recovery Manager supervises the work of the individuals responsible for computer and IT security inside an organization. But, due to the present day threats of internet hacking, phishing and sabotage by business competitors and most importantly, physical assaults by terrorists, he now additionally performs the principal role of Disaster Recovery Manager. Seldom do organizations employ a separate and exclusive Disaster Recovery Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Functions as the overall security manager of the institution.
- Develops and supervises all security measures in the company, to include IT, legal, human resources, corporate communications and related departments.
- Determines appropriate levels of security controls and systems monitoring.
- Serves as an independent security advisor to the Board & Management.
- Provides direct oversight and training to all employees, alliances and affiliate marketing partners to create security awareness.
- Conducts periodic vulnerability and security risk assessment of the assets of the company.
- Identifies foreseeable information security risks in order to comply with privacy and information security policies and procedures.
- Monitors compliance of information security procedures and policies and reports infringements to the top Management.
- Manages Business Continuity Planning.
- Prepares the disaster recovery plan and updates it periodically.
- Conducts evaluation, analysis and calculation of security risks to prepare for robust Disaster Recovery procedures.
- Chairs the Information Security Committee.
Skills and Specifications
- Ability to work independently and to take emergent decisions on one’s own.
- Must have undergone specialized training in Disaster Recovery & Management.
Education & Qualifications
- At least a bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field.
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience in computing or related area with a focus on technology, management, policy and security.
- Should have professional IT security certifications such as CISSP/GIAC/SSCP/ CISA and suitable CISCO certifications.
Popular Job Description Search:
- recovery manager job description
- disaster recovery manager job description
- disaster recovery officer job description
- disaster recovery telecommunication job description
- bank disaster recovery centre officer job responsibilities
- job profile of disaster recovery
- job description for telecom and disaster recovery
- it risk management and disaster recovery job profiles
- it disaster recovery job description
- incharge disaster recovery center job description