Gaming/Casino Surveillance Officer Job Description
High technology security is essential in casinos which employ Gaming Surveillance Officers, also known as Gaming Investigators or Surveillance Security Agents. They not only act to secure casino premises and its resources, but also act as security agents for casino employees, management staff and patrons. Using CCTV concealed behind one-way mirrors as well as listening devices strategically situated in the casino gaming area, these officers control a console of audio and video equipment in an observation or surveillance room.
Gaming/Casino Surveillance Officer Duties and Responsibilities
· Ensure the safety and protection of casino quests, employees and property in accordance with casino policies and state laws.
· Monitor casino operation for compliance with rules, regulations, and laws
· Monitor patron activities for signs of cheating or theft.
· Occasionally make the rounds in the casino floor to mingle with the patrons and casino dealers and operators.
· Coordinate with local police authorities for confirmed sightings of theft.
· Monitor cash check-out at the casino counter
· Monitor casino vault access points.
· Respond to medical emergencies on the casino floor.
· Provide day-end security report highlighting any incident.
· Subdue untruly patrons and detain alleged thieves until the law enforcement official arrive for turnover.
Gaming/Casino Surveillance Officer Skills and Specifications
- Should have the patience and an observant eye to spot unusual activity on the monitor screen.
- Should have the presence of mind to alert security officers or alarm systems at the outset of a developing crime.
- Should be physically fit with quick reflexes.
- Should have excellent computer literacy and adeptness in operating audio and video surveillance systems.
- Knowledge in using two-way single side band radios
- Excellent interpersonal skills to deal effectively with casino clients
- Can work in varied shifts
Gaming/Casino Surveillance Officer Education and Qualifications
- A high school diploma is necessary but a college education gives an added advantage
- An experience in previous security work in a bank or casino or a certificated training in the use of surveillance systems is an advantage.
Gaming/Casino Surveillance Officer Salary
Gaming surveillance officers and gaming investigators receives an average annual salary of $32,000. The middle 50% spread earned between $25,000 and $39,900. The lowest 10% took in about $21,700 while the highest 10% earned more than $50,000.
Filed in: Security Job Description