Security Director Job Profile and Description
The role of a Security Director of a company or facility is a combination of Security Consultant, Security Manager & Security Advisor. He is totally responsible for ensuring the security of the personnel, material/equipment and information of a company from physical assault, fraud, industrial espionage/sabotage, internet hacking, robbery and arson by competitors, scamsters or terrorists.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, directs, and oversees implementation of comprehensive security systems for protection of individuals, homes, business, commercial and industrial companies under his responsibility.
- Analyzes data of internal operations and plans and directs installation of electronic security systems, such as closed circuit surveillance, entry controls, burglar alarms, ultrasonic motion detectors, electric eyes, and outdoor perimeter and microwave alarms.
- Plans and directs personal security and safety of individuals, family, or group.
- Provides bulletproof limousine and bodyguards to ensure client protection during trips and outings.
- Plans and reviews client travel itinerary, mode of transportation, and accommodations.
- Investigates crimes committed against client such as fraud, robbery, arson, and patent infringement.
- Conducts or directs surveillance of suspects and premises to apprehend culprits.
- Notifies client of security weaknesses and implements procedures for handling, storing, safekeeping, and destroying classified materials.
- Reports criminal information to authorities and testifies in court.
Skills and Specifications
- Ability to work independently and to take emergent decisions.
- Must have undergone appropriate training in Senior Security Management.
- Preferably is a former member of National Security Academy, Police Force or Federal Agent.
Education & Qualifications
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related fields from an accredited institution.
- MBA degree in Business Management with specialization in Company Development.
- At least 5+ years of experience as Senior Manager dealing in management, policy and security.
- Preferably have suitable CISCO certifications.
Filed in: Security Job Description