Veterans Representative Job Description and Profile
Under direction, the Job of Veterans Representative involves interviewing, advising and assisting all veterans as well as their families and dependents in obtaining state, local and federal entitlements. He likewise performs all task and duties as required of him to do.
Duties and Specifications
- Evaluates important data and information and provides advices to customers on their rights to veterans’ benefits and claims.
- Counsels veterans as well as their dependents especially during times of financial difficulties.
- Identifies and obtains all forms of veterans’ benefits and services like medical care, pensions, education, housing and compensation on service disability.
- Conductions full investigation to secure evidence of marriages, military service, deaths and medical disabilities in support of claims of customers for services rendered.
- Calculates retroactive awards given by the Veterans Administration.
- Acts as liaisons between veterans as their customers and offices of the Veterans Affairs.
- Writes correspondences to doctors and other medical professionals to request for information to be used for processing claims.
Skills and Specifications
- Able to utilize applications in computer such as word processing as well as database administration software.
- Be able to learn specific database applications.
- Should know how to research, collect and document relevant information.
- Be able to prioritize work assignments in order to meet important deadlines.
- Should know some basic recordkeeping methods and techniques.
- Be able to exercise diplomacy, compassion and tact.
- Should know how to work independently.
- Be able to prepare and create concise reports and correspondences.
- Able to establish full confidentiality of cases of his customers.
Education and Qualifications
- Education which is equivalent to a high school diploma, and a year of substantial public contact and work within a professional environment.
- Experience in dealing with various types of social human behavior is preferred.
- Possesses a valid State Driver’s License (Class C).
Popular Job Description Search:
- veterans representative job description
- VETERANS SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES
- veterans benefits representative job duties
- Veteran Service Representative Job Description
- job description for a veteranse benefits service representative
- veteran service representative job duties
- veterans benefits representative duties
- duties and responsibilities of a veteran service representative
- Veterans service representative job description
- veteran representative job description
Filed in: Security Job Description