Child Development Specialist Job Profile and Description
The job of a Child Development Specialist is to offer family and child services to enhance the child’s development potential and increase parenting skills. The specialist assesses child’s development, helps with a plan of education, provides techniques, and sets health programs that improve the ability of child to develop properly, socially, cognitively, and improve motor development skills. Child development specialists often work with other agencies like health preventions and human services programs to simplify parents care for the disabled children.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing developmental assessments and teaching parents some ways to enhance the child’s developmental potential.
- Conducting workshops and groups to educate families in the child development area.
- Evaluating children answers to determine the levels of their mental development and physical development.
- Assisting in the selection, formulation, and dispersion of materials related to child development.
- Providing in-service training to staff on childcare and related programs.
- Determining parent’s ability to understand and apply behavior and therapeutic modification techniques and their emotional and social needs to develop teaching plan.
- Counseling families and individuals on topics pertaining to child development and parenting.
- Referring child and parents to other social service organizations.
- Providing services to families and their children in the environment determined appropriate by the intervention team.
Skills and Specifications
- Knowledge of childcare related skills and techniques.
- Ability to work efficaciously and cooperatively with groups or individuals.
- Ability to teach parenting and child development skills.
- Should be polite and friendly in nature.
- Must be observant, patient, with good communication skills.
Education and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in fields, such as child development, early childhood education, psychology, or social work from an accredited institution.
- Few years of experience of working in child development activities.