Clinical Social Work Therapist Job Profile and Description
The Clinical Social Work Therapist primarily focuses on the emotional, behavioral, and mental well-being of children, families, couples, and groups. The clinical social work therapists provide emotional and psychological counseling to patients regarding the issues from stress to abuse. . These professionals collect and evaluate information concerning client situation, establish necessary treatment goals, determines related treatment methodologies, suggest and explore resolutions for client’s problems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Interviewing patients, giving diagnostic tests, designing and implementing behavior modification programs.
- Developing and implementing intervention and treatment programs that the patients can interpret and comply with.
- Using appropriate techniques for the evaluation and treatment of patients in medical examination environments.
- Communicating with the clients, assessing issues and identifying treatment goals.
- Performing continued assessments and developing new treatment strategies.
- Operating under all appropriate clinic’s rules and regulations and maintaining records of the clients.
- Coordinating with other social workers to maintain a well-balanced caseload and to set up performance-improving strategies.
- Providing counseling to the clients over issues related to psychological difficulties, employment, and homelessness and so on.
- Developing a specific treatment plan or strategy that reflects the therapeutic intervention that addresses the client needs.
Skills and Specifications
- Must be sympathetic and compassionate to the client’s issues.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Emotionally stable, sensitive, mature and ability to deal with various people effectively.
- Effectively interpreting and understand client’s problems.
- Ability to evaluate problems and identify a unique approach to treatment.
Education and Qualifications
- At least a doctor of Psychology (Psy.D.) or Psychologists with a Ph.D. from an accredited institution.
- Masters degree in Psychology and a license is necessary.
Popular Job Description Search:
- social therapist job description
- social work therapist job description
- social work therapist job performance goalsgoals
Filed in: Social Services Job Description