Clinical Social Worker Job Profile and Description
A Clinical Social Worker professionally applies social work methods and theory to the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of psychosocial dysfunction, impairment, or disskills, including mental, emotional, and behavioral disorders for families, individuals, groups, and associations. The main responsibility of a clinical social worker is to screen medical records, conduct interviews and assessments, set treatment goals, arrange for expediting and coordinating services etc.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning, managing, and providing social service in medical, mental health, correctional, medical, and any professional military setting.
- Diagnosing and providing treatment to individuals with mental disorders, as well as various behavioral and emotional disturbances.
- Supervising and directing social work team members in the preparation of social histories and provision of social services within the staff’s level of competence.
- Maintaining liaison with civilian and military resources and coordinating social service activities.
- Assessing and planning for the social requirements of individuals, groups, families, and associations.
- Administering and supervising social service programs, providing assistance in developing social service programs and resources.
- Providing consultation on various social aspects of procedures, policies, and services to volunteers, medical staff, commanders, major commands, and so on.
- Conducting staff training in the most beneficial practice clinical social work techniques.
- Recognizing the role of client in the treatment planning.
- Participating in general department meetings, treatment team, and case supervision meetings.
Skills and Specifications
- Good Knowledge of social services procedures, policies, and resources.
- Skills to access computer and internet.
- Skills to communicate effectively via e-mails.
- Skills to analyze and interpret information to plan appropriate interventions.
Education and Qualifications
- A good Master’s degree in social work from an accredited institution is imperative.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of Experience in clinical social work activities.
Filed in: Social Services Job Description