Substance Abuse Program Coordinator Job Profile and Description
A Substance Abuse Program Coordinator is primarily involved in administrative functions and overseeing work concerning assessment and service deliverance of health and other services to individuals and groups. The work also involves intervention for prevention of violence, abuse, intake of alcohol and provision of necessary support services for the affected.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Working in tandem and compliance with the state and county regulations.
- Following the standard operating procedures of the division.
- Collaborating and coordinating with other non-profit and non-governmental organizations.
- Organizing and conducting preventive efforts for consumption of alcohol, domestic violence and drug abuse.
- Conducting counseling camps and services for the affected and their families.
- Providing assistance of rehabilitation camps and health services.
- Implementing necessary strategies to curb the practices of substance abuse.
- Making analysis and reports pertaining to substance abuse.
- Identifying affected persons and families through references and other such measures.
- Attending seminars, conventions and training sessions for maintaining effective services.
Skills and Specifications
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skill and convincing abilities.
- Skills to take initiatives and decisions for the betterment of the individuals and their families.
- Awareness of the legal norms and procedures of the state.
- Effective time and risk management abilities.
- Skills to work in coordination with other companies.
Education and Qualifications
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in social work (B.W.S.), psychology or human behavioral sciences is imperative.
- Postgraduate degree in behavioral sciences, social work, sociology, human rights and welfare services gives an added advantage.
Popular Job Description Search:
- substance abuse coordinator job description
- job description for substance abuse Program Coordinator
- Job discriptions and duties for a substanstance abuse residential program coordinator
- job responsibilities for substance abuse program coordinator
- prea coordinator substance abuse and behavioral duties
- substance abuse coordinating officer duties
Filed in: Social Services Job Description