Amusement and Recreation Worker Job Profile and Description
Students can work as a part time lifeguard or assistant operators of amusement rides or in gyms and spas in resorts and hotels. They get to earn a few bucks while enjoying the job.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible to maintain discipline rules for being safe at site.
- Assist the hotel or resort staff in managing the daily operations of recreational facilities.
- Responsible for noticing the requirement of medicines and call the physician immediately.
- Conduct orientation class to acquaint quests in the use of recreational sporting facilities along with safety and relevant procedures.
- Greet guest arrivals who are participants to planned recreational and sporting activities, introducing them to other participants and explaining facility rules.
- Maintain time and attendance performance as required in your contract.
- Amusement and recreational worker is responsible to develop various policies and plans to make the recreational activities effective and impressive
Skills and Specifications
- Must have pleasant personality and cheerful disposition
- Must have excellent medical and physical fitness
- Must have excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills
Education and Qualifications
- There’s no specific educational background for the job as training will be provided.
- The median salary in 2009 for an Amusement and Recreation Worker was $8.71 hourly or $18,120 annually. As a part time summer job, you will be paid well that let’s you enjoy while doing the work.
Filed in: Student Job Description