Bartender Job Profile and Description
Just like working as a food server during a summer or semester break, if you know your liquors have had experience in mixing drinks and alcohols for a good alcoholic beverage concoction at home, you can monetize your skill by going into a summer job as a Student Bartender in a pub or restaurant.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Check customer identification when in doubt to ensure that the establishment does not served liquors to minors.
- Ensure that the drinks you serve conform to what the customer at the bar has ordered or expects.
- Serve liquor, wines, and bottled or draft beer.
- Take beverage orders from serving staff or directly from patrons. Serve snacks or food items to customers seated at the bar.
- Under supervision by the professional bartended, collect payments for each drink ordered and served.
- Routinely maintain the hygiene and cleanliness of the bar, all its utensils and bar equipment.
- Assist the bartenders in limiting the alcoholic consumption of patrons by taking measures like persuading customers to stop drinking, or ordering taxis or arranging for transport of intoxicated patrons.
- Ensure that the bar stock is adequate for the day’s service.
Skills and Specifications
- Must have pleasant personality and cheerful disposition
- Must have working knowledge on various liquors, wines and alcoholic beverage and how they are mixed
- Must have excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills
Education and Qualifications
- There’s no specific educational background for the job but a current course in culinary sciences is an advantage
- Bartenders enjoyed a median hourly rate, including tips averaging $8.54. The middle 50% earned between $7.53 and $10.98 with bottom 10% at $7.00 and the top 10% at $14.93 an hour. Bartenders in bars may receive tips that exceed half of their regular pay. As a Student Bartender, you can expect to earn lower than the median, unless you’re a regular summer worker in the same bar.
Popular Job Description Search:
- bartender job description sample
- sample job description bartender
- bartender job profile
- barmen job description
Filed in: Student Job Description