Student Supervisor Job Description and Profile
Though most of us believe that teachers and a principal are enough for a school, but student supervisors are also necessary for the smooth functioning of the school since often it is seen that students bunk schools and avoid completing their homework. In such a situation, a student supervisor can keep record of the absentees, inform their parents about it, ensure that students regularly do their homework etc. They care for the maintenance of the school for its better functioning.
Student Supervisor Duties and Responsibilities
- Writing regular reports on students, their problems, progress etc for future correspondence.
- Calling the parents of the student and notifying them about any case of tardiness
- Ensuring the smooth operation of the classes and avoiding any event that can disrupt the class.
- Asking the student about the reason behind their late arrival in school and recording the reasons.
- Enquiring the students about the reasons why they did not get their assignments or homework.
- Removing those students who behave in a disorderly manner in the class.
- Ensuring that students do not disturb the class by talking or doing something else.
- Ensuring that the students have left the school after all the classes are over.
- Helping the students in lining up for the bus once the school is over.
- Making sure that all the students are safely and properly transported during the time of transportation.
- Observing the students even in the hallways and playground.
- Reporting the insubordinate issues to the director and participating in the school management issues like cleaning up etc.
Student Supervisor Education, Training and Qualifications
A bachelor’s or master’s degree in psychology, education or related field would be preferable. Outgoing and motivated individuals are better suited when it comes to functioning as the student supervisors. Experience of at least 5 years of work in the related field is necessary.
Student Supervisor Job Degrees, Courses & Certification
Though no formal degree or education is required in this field, an individual who aims to become a student supervisor should take up a short course in student management or related areas. Ability to deal with different types of students is absolutely imperative here.
Student Supervisor Job Skills and Specifications
- Excellent supervisory, communication and managerial skills.
- Responsible and motivated.
- Good understanding of problems which affect the students.
- Ability to discipline students.
- Great organization skills and multi tasking abilities.
- Punctual and detail oriented.
- Ability to work under stress.
Student Supervisor Job Salary/Wage
The salary of a student supervisor can be between 80,000 and 90,000 per annum.
Filed in: Student Job Description