Student Treasurer Job Description and Profile
A student treasurer mostly has the duty of maintaining the financial documents of the institution and has to ensure that the company is abiding by the required legislations. Maintaining the financial stability of the company is a highly essential duty of the student treasurer and ensures the smooth functioning of the organization. This individual also has the duty of maintaining a record of the financial ventures, investments of the organization or future correspondence.
Student Treasurer Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintaining and updating the website of the institution for which they work.
- Preparing and presenting the financial reports of the company to the board and ensuring that the organization’s financial resources are meeting all its requirements.
- Ensuring that appropriate accounting procedures and controls are in place
- Liaising with the paid volunteers and staff about the financial matters.
- Advising the company regarding its financial implications and ensuring that the investments are in accord with the aims and objectives of the organization.
- Monitoring the investment activity of the organization and also looking after its Legislation.
- Ensuring that the sales and equipments of the organization are adequately insured and maintained.
- Ensuring that the organization’s accounts are properly prepared and also disclosed in to the statutory bodies.
- Contributing to the organization’s fundraising strategy and ensuring that all the accounts have been scrutinized in properly.
- Informing the board regularly about the financial responsibilities that it is fulfilling.
- Making formal presentation of the organization’s accounts in an easy and simple way in order to make it understandable to all.
- Sitting on the recruitment, appraisal and disciplinary panels as and when required.
Student Treasurer Education, Training and Qualifications
A bachelor’s or master’s degree in Finance, Mathematics etc can be of huge help, for the entire work would depend on the subject of finance. Some experience in this field would be helpful; hence, experience of an internship can be highly beneficial.
Student Treasurer Job Degrees, Courses & Certification
For individuals with formal degree in Finance, Mathematics, no special training would be required in order to work in this filed. However, those who do not hold such a degree can complete a course in accounting.
Student Treasurer Job Skills and Specifications
- Responsible and motivated individual with good communicating abilities.
- Ability to work under stress.
- Adequate computer competency.
- Excellent mathematical skills and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively.
- Ability to analyze different financial conditions and determine their consequences.
- Strategic vision.
Student Treasure Job Salary/Wage
The salary of a student treasurer is $150 per week. However, this salary might vary depending on experience and skill of the professional.
Popular Job Description Search:
- Student Treasurer Duties
- job specifications for a treasurer
- sample treasurer duties and responsibilities
- sample treasurer job description
Filed in: Student Job Description