Student union job description and profile
A student union has many posts like the president, student governor, education officer, women’s officer, welfare officer, student’s activities officer, entertainment officer, equality officer, cultural officer, officer for students with special needs and centre officer. The duties and responsibilities of the job depend on the post that the person holds in the union. In general, all the jobs are focused on promoting welfare of the students and upholding student rights.
Student union job duties and responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of a student union job are:
- Represent the student community to the management of the university
- Resolve students problems by communicating to them to the management
- Ensure that the students are being treated fairly in academics, other activities and in financial matters
- Organize activities like literary, cultural and sports meets and student get togethers
- Form clubs and activity centers to encourage the talents of students
- Ensure that students with special needs like students with disabilities and economically backward students enjoy all the facilities
- Ensure that all students enjoy equal rights
- Coordinate and organize student meeting to gather feedback and convey management’s policies to the students
- Encourage and motivate students to bring out the best of their talents
Student union job skills and specifications
- Excellent communication and motivational skills
- Excellent leadership qualities
- Excellent observational and analytical abilities in order to assess the problems of the students
- Ability to be firm and stand up for the rights of the student
Student union job education and qualification
The only qualification required for the job of a student union member is that the applicant should be a student.
Student union job salary
There is no fixed salary as such for a student union job. The compensation they receive varies depending on the university.