Student welfare officer Job Description and Profile
The Student welfare officer’s job entails improving attendance rates, reducing student absence rate and to engaging with the families in order to help them fulfill the requisite legal responsibilities. They try to improve the link between the school and home life of a student thereby improving their performance and bringing down youth crime rates. These professionals also encourage parents to develop good relation with the schools in turn would help the students to do well in school.
Student welfare officer Duties and Responsibilities
- Advising the key workers on the problem of student absence and suggesting regulations with the aim of improving the engagement rate in education.
- Reducing distancing and boosting the level of self esteem among the students specially the most challenging ones.
- Interviewing parents, pupils and others in order to promote student welfare.
- Serving the interests of children who have a history of irregularities in the matter of attendance at school.
- Investigating the causes of truancy and then determining if the cause is associated with some larger problem.
- Helping out students who suffer from a number of problems like that of family troubles, health issues, bullying at school etc.
- Writing regular reports on students, their problems, progress etc for future correspondence.
Student welfare officer Education, Training and Qualifications
A bachelors or masters degree in psychology, education or related field would be preferable. Knowledge of student behavior, anti- social student criminal activities is necessary. Experience of at least 5 years of work in the student activities related field is necessary.
Student welfare officer Job Degrees, Courses & Certification
Different courses are available which can train the student welfare officers to deal with student’s behavioral, emotional difficulties and offer therapeutic groups to the young people. A course in public relations can be of great help for it would train the student welfare officers the methods of effective communication.
Student welfare officer Job Skills and Specifications
- Work in a collaborative and multi-disciplinary framework
- Responsible and motivated.
- Good understanding of problems, which affect the students.
- Ability to help them deal with this wide range of difficulties efficiently.
- Ability to motivate the disaffected students.
- Ability to collaboratively work with team members in order to deliver the requisite outcomes.
- Emotionally resilient and ability to work in a challenging environment
Student welfare officer Job Salary/Wage
The salary of a student welfare officer can range between 18,000 and 55,000 per annum. However, the salary of this professional might vary based on his/ her experience and expertise.
Popular Job Description Search:
- student welfare officer job description
- welfare officer job description
- sample job description students affair officer
- specifications in student welfare and development of high school
- student welfare officer
- University Welfare Officer Job Description
- what is a duties of students walfare officer?
Filed in: Student Job Description