University student job description and profile
University students enroll in jobs on a part time basis in order to earn credits and some amount of money. The job also gives them the experience and adds value to their resume. They can work in any of the departments in the university – from assisting professors in their academic pursuits to assisting office staff. Students are allowed to work only after class hours.
University student job duties and responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of a university student are:
- Perform office desk jobs such as answering phone calls, sending mails and faxes, dispatching notices, providing service through emails and letters, photocopying, binding and filing university records
- Assisting the professors in their research work by conducting experiments and recording results. Post graduate students or students pursuing doctorate degree are accorded more responsibilities
- If the student is pursuing a master’s degree, then he can take to teaching undergraduate students on behalf of the professor and conduct examinations
- Post graduation students can also evaluate test sheets of the undergraduates
- If the student takes up a job in the library, then he has to see that the books are put back in a systematic manner after reading, handling the lending and receiving of books and documenting books that are overdue
University student job skills and specifications
The skills and specifications of a university job are:
- Efficiency in work while following precise orders
- Ability to multitask and perform any duty assigned to him
- Good presence of mind and alertness
- Good verbal and written language skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality about university matters
- Good knowledge about the subject of study
University student job education and qualification
A university student has to be a student of the university in any capacity like undergraduates, graduates, postgraduates and doctorate students.
University student job salary
The pay varies from $5 to $12 dollars per hour depending on the capacity in which the student is a part of the university.
Filed in: Student Job Description