Work Study Student Job Profile and Description
In this age of competition, only a general degree is sometimes not enough to get a job. In such cases, one may need to do vocational course, which basically teach a person skills and give knowledge about a particular job or sector. These courses or practical experience will help a student get a job later because he will already have working experience about that particular sector.
Duties and Responsibilities
- There are many universities and colleges which offer work-study opportunities. Some are within the academic arena and some beyond that. The job responsibilities vary accordingly.
- Such students may have to work as office assistants and are in charge of filing, photocopying, typing,
- Some may have to do faculty evaluations, mailing, and answering phones
- Assistant technicians help to load and update software, they perform technical troubleshooting, identify and solve problems
- They may have to do research from various sources of information and are also responsible for the hardware
- Some work for the college cafeteria or shops where he is in charge of billing, updating records and has to make sure it is not short of supplies
- Some of them work for the games department and help to prepare teams for games and practices
- They keep the score book, help with the equipment, clean uniforms and keep statistical information
- Some work as lab assistants or maintain the library
- They have to help the instructor in developing of teaching aides, review of products and enter data or perform other clerical work as required
Skills and Specifications
- The work study students must be mature, responsible, organised and be able to pay attention to details
- They must have good communication skills and interpersonal skills
- They must be able to maintain confidentiality
Education and Qualifications
They need to have basic technical knowledge and at least a high school degree.
Popular Job Description Search:
- job description in the age of competition
- job description of work study student
- woekstudy for the va-job descriptipn examples?
Filed in: Student Job Description