Accounting Technician Job Description and Profile
An Accounting Technician may work in a wide variety of industries – manufacturing, insurance and automobiles etc-etc. They work in the finance or accounts department and perform the duties related to accounts management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performing accounts related duties – quarterly and yearly statements, and employee payroll etc.
- Handling invoices and arranging the payments for utilities and various services by vendors.
- Handling the general book keeping tasks.
- Monitoring expenses related to business and staff, managing budgets and accounting for resources.
- Entering financial transactions and assessing accounts to ensure that the entries are appropriate and balance out.
- Liaising with field staff and writing reports.
- Auditing internal and external work
- Entering, revising, categorizing, and calculating amounts
- Advising on budgets, and taxation
- Identifying discrepancies in accounts and correcting them
- Receiving and paying purchase orders, misc. bills, and travel orders.
Skills and Specifications
- Good accounting & mathematics knowledge
- Know how to liaise with various people
- Must have organizational and multi-tasking abilities
- Good skills to analyze
- Computer knowledge
Education and Qualifications
- An Associate’s degree in accounting
- A Certification in accounting field is a plus