Aircraft Mechanic Job Profile and Description
An Aircraft Mechanic specializes in aircraft repair and performs the related duties. He handles the repair, maintenance and service of the aircraft and its parts and, makes sure that a plane is in a perfect condition before it flies. They work in aviation companies, and air force services etc. This is a very responsible job and requires complete dedication.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Checking aircrafts and detecting any problems or technical issues.
- Performing regular maintenance and service of the planes, and repairing faulty parts
- Ensuring proper aircraft functionality and checking if it is in good condition to fly.
- Keeping aircraft repair and maintenance records and, ordering for spare parts
- Conducting tests of aircrafts to make sure it is okay
- Working with a team of technical assistants, assigning their duties and assessing their performance
- Complying with the aviation safety norms at work.
Skills and Specifications
- Should have good written and oral communication skills
- Good time management
- Excellent understanding of the aircraft functionality and its parts.
- Be able to lead and manage a team.
Education and Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s degree or diploma in aviation, engineering, or any other related field
- Post Graduate degree or a diploma in aeronautical engineering
Filed in: Technician Job Description