Aircraft Painter Job Profile and Description
This job profile involves the duties to pain an aircraft – working with a team of aircraft mechanics and applying paints on repaired or replaced aircraft body parts, or the whole plane. They have the painting design standards to help them for their work. They paint an aircraft after stripping it or, replacing the parts.
Aircraft Painter Duties and Responsibilities
- Remove the old paint from the aircraft body with paint remover solutions and hand tools.
- Rub down sheet metal surfaces with sanding hand tools
- Scratching aluminum surfaces for creating paint grip properties
- Coat the aircraft metal surfaces with epoxy, polish, resin or other materials prior to applying the final color coat.
- Mixing together the paint pigments with aircraft specified livery colors
- Carrying out appropriate masking and outlining to paint airline logo and livery, numerals and brand name letters
- Manage work shift schedules for best productivity
- Follow safety regulations and wear protective gear during spray painting operations.
Aircraft Painter Skills and Specifications
- Good knowledge about the properties of paints and paint removers.
- Be able to understand instructions and safety regulations.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
Aircraft Painter Education and Qualification
A high school diploma
A post secondary education on technical courses is a plus
On-the job training is provided
Aircraft Painter Salary
The average salary for this position is $21.86 per hour or, $45,460 per annum
Popular Job Description Search:
- aircraft painter duties and responsibilities
- aircraft painter job description
- aerospace paint prep job description
- job descriptions for aircraft painter
- job description for aircraft painter
- job description aircraft paint shops technician
- duties of aircraft painter
- duties and responsibilities of aircraft painter
- application for aircraft mechanic painter example
- aircraft spray painter training