Office Equipment Technician Job Profile and Description
The fundamental function of an Office Equipment Technician is to make sure smooth functioning of all electronic devices like printers, facsimile machine and computer systems in an office. He is generally a part of the upkeep team of an establishment as well as performs under the assistance of a supervisor. Large scale businesses hire these professionals for the routine service of their instruments and equipments.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performing regular examinations of devices and equipments of a company
- Regular servicing and repair and maintenance of all office equipments.
- Upgrading computer applications and making sure their suitable functioning
- Ensuring the suitable working of all printers and also facsimile machine
- Following all standard operating procedures of a firm.
- Keeping a record of routine maintenance and solution patterns of the workplace devices.
- Accomplishing all activities as assigned by the supervising manager.
- Recording order forms for procuring replacement components for the workplace equipments.
Skills and Specifications
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Effectively manage time and meet all deadlines.
- Knowledge of computer software’s and be able to use testing tools.
Education and Qualifications
- A High School degree, diploma or a GED equivalent qualification
- Bachelor’s degree or an associate’s degree in mechanical, electronic or software engineering, or any other related discipline
- Work experience of 2 – 3 years as an office equipment technician.