Radiology Technician Job Description and Profile
Radiology Technician is a professional, who carries out a variety of activities on a routine basis. The primary obligation of a radiology specialist is to take CAT scans and X-rays or, oversee nonradioactive objects into blood stream of patient for diagnostic purposes. Most radiology technicians have a preference to specialize in one area of work like ultrasound, computed tomography, and appealing resonance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Examining as well as reviewing video clip tape, x-rays, or computer-generated data to establish whether images are sufficient or not for indicative functions.
- Positioning imaging devices and readjusting controls to set up exposure distance and time, according to the specified examination.
- Operating or supervising operation of magnetic and radiologic imaging hardware to generate images of the customer’s body for all indicative reasons.
- Supervising the afflictions and also reactions of patients, describing virtually any unnatural symptoms to the doctor.
- Prepping paper as well as pointing out scan sequences, readjusting receivers and transmitters or bring down certain images and getting in the data into home computer.
- Recording, processing, keeping patient treatment and data files etc.
- Utilizing radiation protection equipments and precaution to make certain safeness and security of team and patients.
- Readying as well as administering injected or oral comparison media to the patients and also taking thorough prompt and precise medical history of patients.
- Tracking video display of scanning place and readjusting comparison or density to boost the photo reliable.
- Carrying out minor unexpected emergency repairs as well as arranged maintenance on radiographic devices.
- Working together with other medical team members, like nurses and also doctors, to perform exclusive vascular or angiography procedures..
Skills and Specifications
- Knowledge of radiographic devices and its operation.
- Understanding of procedures to obtain practically diagnostic prints.
- Should know how to liaise efficaciously with patients
- Ability to manage complex work environment.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
Education and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent in Radiology technology related field.
- Certification in Radiology technology
Filed in: Technician Job Description