Recreational Vehicle (RV) Service Technician Job Profile and Description
All the campers, trip trailers and coaches prepared and furnished as mobile houses are efficiently maintained by RV (RV) ‘Service Technicians’. Apart from having the skills to troubleshoot conventional burning engines, chassis, drive trains, exhaust techniques as well as electronic components of an auto automobile, they are qualified to diagnose, mend, or overhaul recreational vehicles. They are educated to manage maintaining gas, hydraulic, electrical, plumbing, bodywork/pulling techniques alongside fixing generators, devices, and interior components of an RV.
The line of work additionally brings them to function in specialty stores that tailor vans and buses into extravagance mobile residences.
Recreational Vehicle (RV) Service Technician Duties and Responsibilities
- Having discussions with customers after examining work orders and checking out the RV to ascertain nature of problem and current project fee assessments and parts substitution substitutes.
- Examine recreational vehicles to troubleshoot pneumatic, hydraulic, electromechanical and digital complications and execute important adjustment, replacement, or overhaul.
- Safeguard client permission on job estimates prior to commencing on virtually any significant repair or overhaul job.
- Fix water and also sewage plumbing as well as propane gas lines, utilizing suitable caulking compounds as well as replacement plastic or copper pipe.
- Locate, separate as well as patch frayed, broken or wrong electrical wiring, making use of ohmmeters, soldering, tape, and also hand devices.
- List parts to be replaced, describing manufacturer’s manuals and designs.
- Clear away damaged outside boards and fix and change architectural framework members.
Recreational Vehicle (RV) Service Technician Skills and Specification
- Complete thorough knowledge of electromechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electronic systems in recreational vehicles.
- Good spoken communication, social and interpersonal skills.
Recreational Vehicle (RV) Service Technician Education and Qualifications
- A high school diploma is basic.
- A vocation certificate or associate degree in automotive technology from a community college is sufficient.
- ATA accreditation as an Automotive Technician is a plus.
Recreational Vehicle (RV) Service Technician Salary
The average salary for this position is $15.45 hourly or, $32,150 annually.