Work Station Technician Job Profile and Description
By having the advancement of the data as well as computerization in every area, computers have definitely turned into an essential need for every company, and a Work Station Technician is the professional who is responsible for the maintenance of these systems. Large corporations employ these professionals for the maintenance, servicing and replacements of their computers, and laptops. One should have the appropriate qualifications and knowledge about this field to work as a Work station Technician.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Frequent analysis of all computers in an association.
- Making sure that all important company information in the computers have proper back up
- Advancing the computer applications, components and troubleshooting other problems regarding the systems.
- Setting up the systems to a LAN or a WAN connection.
- Ensuring that an updated antivirus is put up in the systems.
- Performing virus scans and automatic updates for all techniques.
- Diagnosing any malfunctions in the systems as well as right away fixing the same.
- Reporting to the monitoring supervisor regarding any damages to the systems.
- Guaranteeing the proper working of the CPU as well as chargers.
- Checking the computers properly before handing it for use..
Skills and Specifications
- Excellent written as well as verbal communication skills.
- Sound understanding of computer programs, and software & hardware instillation
- Ability to detect system malfunctions and fixing the same.
Education and Qualifications
- A High School diploma or a GED equivalent qualification
- Bachelor’s degree or an Associate’s degree in software engineering, computer application or any other related field
- Work experience of 2 – 3 years in the same field
Filed in: Technician Job Description