Airline Fleet Management Director Job Profile and Description
Working in large commercial airlines, Airline Fleet Management Directors oversee a team of airline fleet managers each assigned to manage specific aircraft types from Boeing, Airbus, McDonnell Douglas, etc. Some airlines are exclusive Boeing or Airbus owners in which case each airline fleet manager is assigned to specific Boeing model series such as B747, B737, B757, etc. The goal is to ensure that the commercial schedules are complied with according to the aircraft capacity assigned but be flexible enough to upgrade or downgrade depending on current or anticipated passenger volumes based on seat reservation profiles.
Airline Fleet Management Director Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the airline fleet management routines and non-routine procedures to ensure that the aircraft released from maintenance are best deployed where their range and capacity are best utilized within marketing considerations.
- Participate in short course training for necessary technical specifications of newly acquired aircraft types
- Participate in the long-term planning in fleet acquisition
- Mange a team of airline fleet managers for each aircraft type to ensure they achieve their divisional and performance goals.
- Coordinate with Flight Operations for change in aircraft type assignments
- Develop division’s budget and ensure actual expenses are within approved budgets.
- Conduct the final screening interviews of applicants or organization HR movements for management positions in the division.
Airline Fleet Management Director Skills and Specifications
- Should have extensive airline operations exposure with focus on airline fleet operations or maintenance
- Should have skills and willingness to work long hours and travel to airports outside of domicile
- Should have outstanding written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
Airline Fleet Management Director Education and Qualifications
- An bachelor’s degree in aviation, aeronautics or related fields is necessary to the position
- A master’s degree in management or business administration gives an edge
- 12-15 years of airline experience with the last 5 years in a management position in airline operations is preferred.
Airline Fleet Management Director Head Salary
The average annual salary of an Airline Fleet Management Director depends on the size of the fleet and the aircraft type managed. But in general, the salary ranges from $55,000 to $65,000 annually for most airlines.
Popular Job Description Search:
- airline fleet manager job description
- aircraft fleet manager job description
- what is an aircraft fleet manager job description
- description of duties of director of Operations aircompany
- airline fleet management jobs
- responsibilities of an airline fleet manager
- job description aircraft fleet manager
- aircraft seat controller job description
- fleet manager in aviation job description
- fleet program manager job description