City Bus Driver Job Profile and Description
City Bus Drivers are people who transport common people from one place to another in a city, following a particular route. Riders identify which bus to ride, either by reading bus numbers or destinations printed on them. City bus driver’s job may need working at unconventional timings but there is plenty of scope for extra income by working overtime.
Duties and Responsibilities
- He has to drive responsibly and take care of the physical safety of the boarders.
- He has to responsibly stop at all designated places or bus-stops and receive/drop all the boarders.
- He should not ignore any riders and take special notice while riders are boarding on or off the bus to avoid injuries.
- He should be equipped with first aid solutions in case of any accident happen inside the bus.
- He should coordinate with the bus conductor in transporting the riders.
Skills and Specifications
- A city bus driver should be calm and controlled person and ought to never indulge in rash driving.
- He should be aware of all traffic routes that cover the part of the city wherein he drives.
- He should always obey all traffic rules.
- He ought to communicate properly with special riders such as tourists and help them. He ought to also take special care while picking/dropping elderly people, children and ladies.
- He should hold all his riders with high respect and also ought to help the conductor in handling unruly riders.
- He should be physically fit to work for long hours.
Education and Qualifications
City bus drivers need a valid commercial driving license and ought to have undergone all the necessary trainings and tests. Though high school diploma is enough for them but any additional educational qualification will provide an edge over the others. The city bus drivers are required to clear all the written and practical tests which are needed.
Popular Job Description Search:
Filed in: Transportation Job Description