Patient Transport Job Profile and Description
Patient Transport Service workers transport outpatients, weak and elderly people to hospitals, day care centers and other appointments. They may need to meet the same people on regular basis and ensure their safe and comfortable transport. PTS drivers are also called upon to carry blood samples, lab specimens and other similar items among laboratories and research centers. PTS drivers work for an ambulance service agency, hospital or alike.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Patient Transport Drivers need to attend to patient calls and drive them to testing centers, doctor appointments, hospitals and also back home.
- PTS drivers also need to help patients move in wheel chairs, help in walking when required.
- They need to attend to their patient’s whole heartedly and ensure their physical as well as overall comfort.
- When not driving they may be called upon to do other services like sensitizing transport equipments.
- PTS drivers need to handle bio-hazardous objects and transfer them to and from labs.
- PTS drivers need to apply first aid, life saving techniques or resuscitation on patients if they get ill during transit.
Skills and Specifications
- A PTS driver needs to have outstanding people skills as he has to meet and talk to people on regular basis.
- He ought to be regular about attendance and other record-keeping.
- He need to be an adept driver and ought to have good knowledge of city’s locations.
- He ought to be ready to work for long hours and at odd timings as well.
Education and Qualification
A PTS driver should at least possess a high school diploma. Usually they are required to be at least 20 years old. They need to undergo training regarding patient handling and care, safe driving and proper lifting techniques. PTS drivers should have a valid driving license with clean driving records. Many employers require drivers to have their own vehicles.
Popular Job Description Search:
- patient transport job description
- patient transporter job description
- patient transport driver job description
- patient transportation job description
- job description patient transporter hospital
- agency for hospital transtort drivers
- hospital patient transporter job description
- patients transportation job description
- patient transport job descriptions
- patient transport service job description