Medical Tourism Director Job Profile and Description
The Medical Tourism Director works in big travel agencies with a focus on developing travel packages for local patients who can benefit from significantly inexpensive medical treatment in select healthcare facilities, mostly in developing and 3rd world countries. Cosmetic surgeries and dental prosthetics are also cheaper in many of these countries. The Medical Tourism Director provides functional leadership to a team of medical travel mangers and agents who are assigned to specific medical and healthcare professionals in each of these nations where overseas patients can spend both medical treatment and vacation times.
Medical Tourism Director Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop presentation materials on cost of medical treatment overseas and testimonials of successful patients and conduct lectures and conferences to prospective customers.
- Provide direction and leadership to a team of medical travel agents to design and develop suitable travel packages with both vacation and medical treatment value at the right price.
- Outsource the promotions materials to 3rd party creative agencies for media placements online and in traditional media as required.
- Develop the operational standards for screening medical and healthcare professionals overseas to ensure high reputation in the industry
- Help patients and their relatives in processing their travel documentation
- Conduct final screening interviews on applicants as medical travel agents.
Medical Tourism Director Skills and Specifications
- Should have outstanding communication and social interpersonal skills
- Should have outstanding organization, leadership and managerial skills
- Can work beyond regular work hours and can travel to target markets
Medical Tourism Director Education and Qualifications
- A college degree in tourism, marketing or business administration is essential
- 12-15 years of experience in the travel industry with the last 3-5 years in a travel agency in a supervisory or management role.
Medical Tourism Director Executive Head Salary
The average annual salary of a Medical Tourism Director varies with the size and extent of the travel agency, state and holder’s experience. Typical annual salary is around $77.800 minus sales commissions.
Popular Job Description Search:
- medical tourism sales jobs
- medical tourism job description
- full job description medical torurism sales manager
- Policy director tourism and job description
- overseas coordinator job description in medical tourism job description
- medical tourism sales position
- medical tourism sales career
- medical tourism manager job description
- medical tourism director jobs
- medical tourism director and responsibilities