Tours Development Director Job Profile and Description
Tours Development Directors are tasked with providing the functional leadership to a team of Tours Development Managers and officers who create the travel packages for the tourism markets. They are often recruited in airlines, cruise lines and travel agencies as well as government tourism bureaus. They essentially form the backbone or pillars for the nation’s tourism industry.
Tours Development Director Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee and manage 3rd party tour operators and travel agencies in promoting the organization’s support for the travel and tourism industry.
- Supervise a team of tour coordinators to ensure they perform the duties and responsibilities as expected
- Review and approve tour programs and campaigns from tour coordinators
- Provide senior marketing executives with progress of tour campaigns, tourism programs with the government and sales revenues coming directly from tourism products sponsored by the organization.
- Conduct seminars and conferences on the tourism programs of the organization
- Conduct final screening interview of job applicants for the tour coordinator positions.
- Develop and cause the distribution of tourism informational brochures to strategic tourism outlets nationwide.
Tours Development Director Skills and Specifications
- Should possess outstanding communications and management presentation skills
- Should possess complete knowledge about the nation’s travel and tourism infrastructures, government and private sector tourism programs and the overall economic and political situation of the nation
- Can work beyond regular work hours and can travel to target markets
Tours Development Director Education and Qualifications
- A college degree in tourism, marketing, business administration or related fields is essential
- A master’s degree in management or business administration is an advantage
- 8-10 years of experience in the travel industry with the last 3-5 years in a supervisory or managerial position gives an edge.
Tours Development Director Head Salary
The average annual salary for Tours Development Director varies with the size of the business and extent of its tourism operations, state, and holder’s qualification. In general, Tours Development Directors earn an average of $49,000, excluding incentives and overriding commissions.
Popular Job Description Search:
Filed in: Travel Job Description