Travel Agency Job Profile and Description
The function of the Travel Agency is to facilitate its customers in travelling and making arrangements for their smooth travel. The travel agency should provide the customers with all possible travel related information and advise them in selecting a better travel plan. The travel agency should facilitate the customers in obtaining legal permissions and documents, needed for clearance for international travel. The travel agency should provide its customers with all travel needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Querying and providing all travel-related information like airline timings, cost of the tickets and tour packages to the customers.
- Hearing the interest and travel plans of the customers and advising them in opting the travel package and schedule that suits their travel needs.
- Reserving the travel tickets and hotel accommodation for their customers.
- Setting new and improved travel and tour packages, that reflects the customer’s interest.
- Promoting the places of historic importance and cultural heritage among the people through publishing pamphlets and advertisements.
- Providing customer-oriented travel services and making arrangement for comfortable travel by the customers.
- Coordinating with major travel operators in maintaining and providing recent travel timings and schedules on trains, airlines etc to the customers.
Skills and Specifications
- Outstanding customer-oriented satisfactory services.
- Keeping an eye on the latest happenings and details in travelling sector.
- Should possess good communication skills.
- Should offer good counseling and advise services to the customers on travel needs.
Education and Qualifications
- At least a Bachelor’s or an equivalent degree in any subject, preferably in business administration or tourism related is imperative.
- Few years of Working experience in the related field gives an edge.
Popular Job Description Search:
Filed in: Travel Job Description