Travel Agent Job Profile and Description
The job responsibilities of the Travel Agent is mainly as a facilitator for arranging and helping clients in opting for the best travel packages that suit their interests and likings. The responsibilities of the travel agent is to keep himself/herself updated about the travel and tour packages and other travel related information so as to help and query the client’s needs. The travel agent should also assist and support their clients in all their travelling plans and make arrangements to provide them with best of services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning travel plans and packages keeping in mind the client’s interest.
- Helping and advising the clients in selecting the travel and tour packages that well suit their personal interests.
- Arranging the means of travel and transportation for their clients.
- Reservation tickets for travel for the clients.
- Arranging stay accommodations for the clients during their schedule of travel.
- Getting payments from the clients and other important documents needed to verify their identity before they travel.
- Working to improve the business development of the travel agency.
- Recommending better and attractive travel and tour packages including discount options to the travel manager.
Skills and Specifications
- Excellent oral and verbal communication skills as well as written skills.
- Knowledge of marketing and business strategies.
- Good Knowledge of places and their historic, cultural importance.
- Ability to persuade and deal the clients.
- Willing to work without time constraints and travelling to far off places.
Education and Qualifications
- At least a Bachelor’s or an equivalent degree in any subject or preferable in tourism, business or marketing related field is imperative.