Travel Consultant Job Profile and Description
The main responsibility of a Travel Consultant is to provide consultation regarding travel packages, products and all other information pertaining to travelling to the clients. They should promote the travel packages and should facilitate and arrange for the booking of tickets, arranging accommodations and all travelling arrangements for its clients. They should research the best travel modes, schedules and packages and suggest the same to the management of the travel organization. They should work to promote and develop the business aspects of company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing consultation to the clients with respect to enquiries on travel schedules, packages and other travel-related information.
- Arranging for the booking of travel tickets and accommodations for its clients.
- Exploring new travel and tour places and providing information on the same to the clients.
- Collecting travel payments and handling other transactions from the clients.
- Helping in getting the needed travel documents for the travel to the clients.
- Recommending the organization management for the new and improved travel plans with the changing mindset of the clients.
- Administering other travel agency employees and deploying travel guide to assist the clients.
- Organizing training sessions for the junior travel employees.
Skills and Specifications
- Good communicational and written skills.
- Good management, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Willing to work overtime and travel long distances.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s or an equivalent degree in any subject, preferably in business or tourism related field.
- Previous working experience in business administration or travel and tourism sector is highly preferred.
Popular Job Description Search:
- travel consultant job description
- an example of a job description for a travel consultant
- job desk tour consultant
- junio travel consultant resume
- Samples of job descriptions of travel consulants
- travel consulant job description
Filed in: Travel Job Description