Travel Corporate Travel Coordinator/Consultant Job Profile and Description
Nearly all the fortune 500 and large corporations have a travel division manned by Corporate Travel Coordinators or Consultants? There are also travel agencies who have them exclusively serving corporate clients who have outsourced the function to them. Whether in-house or outsourced, they provide an indispensable service in facilitating the paperwork and legwork associated with business travel of executives and management staff. They also help in their vacation travels when requested.
Travel Corporate Travel Coordinator/Consultant Duties and Responsibilities
- Research on the various rates for land, air and sea transport that is appropriate for any business travel requirement for a cost effective travel
- Make bookings through travel agents or operate CRS agency terminals if provided
- Coordinate with office concerned to ensure that the travel itinerary and inclusive dates of travel are correct and satisfactory to the client executive.
- Perform quality control by monitoring satisfaction ratings done be executives when using airlines, cruise lines, car rental firms and hotels to ensure only the best value transport options are retained.
Travel Corporate Travel Coordinator/Consultant Skills and Specifications
- Basic computer literacy to navigate through the internet for online booking as well as operating Amadeus, Apollo, Sabre or other CRS (Computerized Reservation Systems) of travel agents is a should.
- Should extensive knowledge in domestic and international destination, airline and interlining routes, code sharing and frequent flyer programs.
- Has outstanding verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Has outstanding interpersonal skills to deal with corporate secretaries, executive administrators, HR Managers and management staff.
Travel Corporate Travel Coordinator/Consultant Education and Qualifications
- A high school diploma or equivalent in apprenticeship as a travel agent is imperative.
- A college BS or associate degree in Travel and Tourism or a few years experience as a travel agent or consultant in a travel agency or a corporate setting gives an edge.
Travel Corporate Travel Coordinator/Consultant Salary
As part of a travel agency team, the Corporate Travel Coordinator can earn as much as $110,000 annually which includes sales commissions. However, if the consultant is a salaried corporate employee, the pay could be much less than this, typically half as much. Most basic salaries for fixed salaried Corporate Travel Consultants have an average of $32,000 annually.
Popular Job Description Search:
- corporate travel coordinator job description
- booking coordinator travel agency job description
- Corporate Travel Coordinator
- how much do booking coordinators earn
- salary for inhouse corporate travel coordinator
Filed in: Travel Job Description