Travel Counselor Job Profile and Description
The Travel Counselor’s main responsibility is to counsel the clients, help them with their knowledge of tourism places, and travel information to decide on the best deal to select. The job of the travel counselor also involves booking tickets, collection of payments from the clients and maintaining all the documents related with the travelling of the client. The travel counselor should be able to understand the client minds and interpret them to devise better travel strategies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Counseling and advising the clients on choosing the travel plans and packages based on their needs and interests.
- Assisting them and assigning travel guides and agents to the clients during their travel.
- Interpreting the mindset of the clients based on their interest and helping in the process of formulating new and improved travel plans and packages.
- Helping and making arrangements on behalf of clients for ticket booking and arrangements for accommodations.
- Delivering all the answers for the queries raised by the clients regarding travel information.
- Working in coordination with other employees of the organization in promoting the business as well maintaining the reputation of the organization.
Skills and Specifications
- Good communication skills, both verbal and oral.
- Should possess charming personality.
- Ability to counsel effectively and convince the clients.
- Should possess client-oriented and inter-team working skills.
Education and Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s or an equivalent degree in any subject, preferably in the field of hospitality and counseling is adequate.
- Few years of working experience in the hospitality or client service oriented jobs gives an edge..
Popular Job Description Search:
Filed in: Travel Job Description