Oil refinery engineer job description and profile
The oil refinery engineer has the main responsibility to ensure the smooth and efficient functioning of the refinery petroleum products without any hurdles. There are a number of specialists required to handle and maintain each and every unit of the refinery system such as electrical engineers, mechanical engineers, maintenance engineers, civil engineers, control systems engineers and mining engineers.
Oil refinery engineer duties and responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of oil refinery engineer are:
- The main responsibility is to plan the refinery procedure to ensure the maximum output
- He or she also needs to ensure the smoothness of all the processes related to refining.
- He or she needs to supervise the maintenance and repair works in the refinery as well.
- The duty also includes allocating responsibilities to staff of quality control department and supervising them.
- It is needed to formulate the quality control standards properly.
- It is also necessary to record all the quality test results and presenting them before management
- It will be also needed to regularly monitor the production and machinery to ensure the quality.
- He or she needs to work as a trouble shooter in the times of emergency or technical snags in the refinery.
- He or she has to plan the layout of the refinery properly by keeping all the factors in mind.
- He or she will have to make on-site visits frequently as and when needed.
- The duty also includes being updated and upgraded with the latest developments and the entire things.
Oil refinery engineer skills and specifications
The skills and specifications of oil refinery engineer are as follows:
- The person should have excellent technical knowledge regarding optical engineering.
- The person needs to be an excellent communicator and should have the excellent communication and management skills.
- He or she should have the exceptional and problem solving skills to do the job.
- The person needs to have the high presence of mind.
- The person needs to have the exceptional writing and presentation skills to do the job.
- He or she should be able to work in the difficult and stressful working conditions as well.
- The other most important requirement is the physical fitness which is necessary in certain engineering jobs.
Oil refinery engineer education and qualification
The Education and qualification required for the job of an oil refinery engineer are:
- The basic degree required for the job is a Bachelor’s degree in engineering and technology in various relevant subjects.
- The person needs to have a master’s degree as well as it is the highly preferred job.
Oil refinery engineer salary
The salary basically depends upon the specifications and the place of the work as well.
- The salary of an oil refinery engineer generally starts at the range of $75,000 and may well exceed $150,000.
Popular Job Description Search:
- Engineering Manager job descrioption in Refinery
- mechanical field engineer refinary job description
- what do refinery maintenance engineers do
- what is the physical fitness test for toledo refinery
Filed in: Uncategorized