Inventory clerk Job Profile and Description
An Inventory Clerk is an entry-level expert hired by an organization to handle the day-to-day inventory responsibilities, so as to provide support to the other organizational functions. In addition to synchronizing the inward and outbound course of products, the inventory clerk is also accountable for maintaining records of quantity and value of material stocked in the establishment. Inventory clerks are required to report into the inventory assistant or the inventory supervisor.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Keeping and maintaining records of all inventories and materials in the organization.
- Reporting details and damages to the supervising authority.
- Following the instructions of the inventory manager / supervisor.
- Meeting deadlines for completion of the delegated task.
- Filing product requisitions and order forms.
- Proper storage and handling of the received inventory
- Ensuring cleanliness and proper organization of the inventory rooms.
- Placing tags and labels on the inventory.
- Ensuring proper packaging of the outbound inventory.
- Preparing reports of inventory balances, price lists, and any shortages.
- Coordinating with team members and other internal divisions of the organization.
Skills and Specifications
- Must possess strong analytical skills.
- Skills to manage time efficiently and effectively.
- Must possess the skills of being an excellent team worker.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for interacting and coordinating work within the divisions of the organization.
- Must possess excellent mathematical, statistical and analytical abilities.
Education and Qualifications
- High school degree or an equivalent qualification is imperative.
- Diploma or certification in logistics and supply chain, or any other related field gives an edge.
Popular Job Description Search:
- inventory clerk job description
- sample job description inventory clerk
- inventory clerk job description sample
- job description of inventory clerk
- job descriptions and duties of inventory clerk for a c-store
Filed in: Warehousing Job Description